Friday, October 23, 2009

favorite food friday

Apparently I didn't like any food in September and now for half of October - but, I'm back!

This week's feature:
FLETCHER'S CORNY DOG (via the State Fair of Texas)

I know we all have our traditions, and the State Fair is one of David's and mine. First of all, we have the hook-up to the Fair. My father-in-law is on the board and supplies us with a first class "VIP" pass that allows us free entry and parking inside the fair grounds. Like I said, the hook-up. So, once we park, we mosey (I can say "mosey", it's the Texas state fair...) through the Dodge, GMC and Ford pick-ups to arrive at Fletcher's, the ultimate corny dog stand! I have my 7 tickets ready (no need to stop at the ticket stand because David's already been to the Fair and loaded up on tickets) and I receive my annual treat. David laughs and takes pictures as I load my corny dog up with French's mustard (David can laugh and take photos because he doesn't usually partake in the corny dog mow-down, I know, he's crazy!). My corny dog is usually done and gone in 1-3 minutes depending on the internal temperature... this year I'm pretty sure it was closer to 1 minute, 30 seconds. It was good.

Our other Fair favorites (not pictured) are the ice cold Root Beer, Chocolate Covered Deep Fried Strawberries, Texas Tater Twisters and the Cinnamon Rolls (inside the food building!). I'm sure there are other things to do at the Fair - like look at animals, go on rides, watch cooking demonstrations - but, we go to eat.

2 comments:

jaime said...

Awesome...so sad we missed the fair this year...dang swine flu!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

YES, corny dogs! love it!