Monday, November 30, 2009

trying to be crafty

So, since I have all this "free-time" on my hands, I thought I would get crafty and make a stocking for Levi. I've sewn my share of buttons back on shirts, but that is about as far as my skills as a seamstress go. The stocking seemed easy enough - I can follow directions and everything is numbered.

Well, first of all, my wrist almost broke off just cutting out all of the patterns. I took a couple days off and started back up today. It's a good thing I have 24 days before Santa will be filling this stocking. I was so proud of myself until I saw the stocking that my friend Lydia made for her baby-to-be... seriously, it looks so good!!!!

Here's what I got done today - sewed on pieces 1, 3, 4 and pinned 2.

Here's what I have left - pieces 5 through 35!!!

Here's actual size (of stocking and baby)!!

No comments: