Friday, April 10, 2009

favorite food friday

I've decided to start a new feature here at jenniferisbored, it is called "favorite food friday". In an attempt to keep my readers entertained, this will guarantee at least one post a week (hey, it's a start). And, I figure I've got enough favorite foods to last a lifetime of Fridays! So, here goes...

FRIED PICKLES
Now, I've had my share of hamburger sliced fried pickles from Hooters, Razoo's, The Counter (to name a few) - but, I loosely refer to these as fried pickles. They've got nothing on Texas Land & Cattle's Fried Pickles. Allow me to break it down...

1. TXLC uses only the finest dill pickle spears (not chips)!
2. TXLC uses some kind of super-secret recipe for their fried coating, yummy & peppery!
3. TXLC could serve these pickles with no dipping sauce and they'd still be amazing, but no - they serve them with this a-mazing bar-b-que ranch. Seriously, it's awesome.

I'll admit - when these pickles hit the table I should allow them the normal cooling time for any fried appetizer, but I can't resist - and yes, I burn my mouth every time. But, it's worth it!!!
(this picture doesn't do them justice...)

3 comments:

jaime said...

Awesome!!! You are right, these are the best fried pickles ever!!! I almost don't want to order any food when I'm there so I can OD on these yummy things!!!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I have never even eaten a regular pickle, so I am a bit wary...

Jennifer said...

Oh Lauren, I'm truly concerned...