Friday, April 17, 2009

favorite food friday

Blue Bell Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream

I really could leave it at that and it would be enough said.

But I won't.


First, let's talk about the significance of Blue Bell. It's like an institution here in Texas. I mean, even former President George W. had it flown into the White House. That is some serious business.


Second, how could you go wrong when you mix the best ever vanilla ice cream with Oreos? You can't.


I know my husband would argue that the Homemade Vanilla is the best, and my step-father and brother-in-law would vote for Natural Vanilla Bean - but, don't let them fool you. I will admit that I rarely buy the ice cream, only because I have no self-control. I could eat the entire gallon in like two sittings. And, that's probably not the healthiest thing to do. But, when Kroger surprises me with those little yellow sale tags I take it as a sign and buy, buy, buy!


Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I refuse to eat any other vanilla because it just isn't good enough. Cookies n Cream is the best flavor, though. I love it when you find the huge cookie chunk that still has some icing in it!