Friday, February 27, 2009

farewell february

February is a very peculiar month. First of all, the whole 28 or 29 days is just weird - and, even if it is a leap year 29 days is still the shortest month.

Then there is that extra "r" - does anyone even pronounce that "r"? Shouldn't it just be Febuary?

Also, I noticed that this year in particular, February starts on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday - so it is a perfect four week calendar month. (I just read on wikipedia that this only happens every 11 years - yes, I'm a nerd)

And, when you are in Texas, the weather is the craziest in this second month of the year. Thursday was 89, beautiful and sunny. Today? 55 and overcast.

Don't get me wrong, I really have no ill feelings towards the month. February has a lot of things going for it: Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, President's Day and various friend's birthdays (Lindsey, Lauren, Jaime). I just think it is a strange little month.

1 comment:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

It is a very strange month, indeed. I hate that it is so short! It meant that I had to pay rent sooner than usual! Curses!