Thursday, March 19, 2009

four years

How do you define four years?
  • the length of time you spent in high school?
  • the length of time you spent in college?
  • the length of term served as the President of the USA?
  • the length of time it took Michelangelo to paint the ceiling at the Sistine Chapel?

I define the last four years as the best time of my life. Four years ago today I married my husband, David. Therefore, today’s post is dedicated to four of the reasons that I love him!

1. He’s Fun!
And by fun, I mean the kind of uncle that will bury you in the sand, or ask you to smell his cake and then smear frosting on your nose. Or the kind of guy who roots for his favorite teams and gets you into the games too. Or the kind of guy who actually has his own Pimp Cup, just because he’s cool like that.


2. He’s not jealous of John!
And believe you me, he could be. John adorns my walls at work, my iPhone screen and fills up my iPod and car CD changer. But actually, my husband encourages this behavior (and for that, I love him). He takes me to every concert in the state and even a few out-of-state. And, it is clear from this photo that John wants me – so he could be jealous!
3. He gives great surprises!
We have a rule every year that we are not going to buy each other Christmas presents – that never happens. Not only does he get me gifts, but the best gifts ever! This year he surprised me with a cruise, we left the next day!! And, it’s not just big things. Once when he went to Houston, we was thoughtful enough to bring me back the black & white cookies that I love!

4. He’s the anti-Jennifer
I know it sounds odd, but I’m so glad he’s my opposite. He is so easy-going and level-headed. He knows just what to say to bring me back down and keep me sane.
Happy Anniversary David!
And they lived happily ever after...

4 comments:

jaime said...

so sweet...I might cry!! I love you both!!! Y'all are the best ever!

Mom said...

I love you both so much! This brings back 4 years of really good memories. Happy Anniversary!

Jaime said...

Jen,
I knew you rocked. Congrats on 4 years. I never realized how similar we are until I read this blog. I also had to marry someone level headed and calm to keep me in line. But the funniest thing is that our wedding dresses are so similar. I wish I had digitals or a scanner so I could show you. Same bustline, same color sash, same skirtline.
Oh well, just come to Houston for some of those cookies and I will show it to you.
Here's to another 40, Cheers!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

What a cute post! And you were the most stunning bride...ever!