Friday, March 6, 2009

spring cleaning...

It's not unusual for me to get a strong urge to clean. I'm kind of "Monica" in that way. So, today I decided I really needed to clean my bathroom cabinets. I seriously threw away almost entire trash bag worth of stuff. Not really sure how all that junk was fitting under there anyway. The reason this is interesting to you is because I found some random stuff to show you! In the guest bathroom I had all my old makeup in boxes, I threw most of it away - but not before I took a picture of this beautiful eye shadow.
This photo may not do it justice. This was navy blue and cotton candy pink eyeshadow. I say "was" because it is now on its way to a landfill. I asked myself two questions when I found this - 1) Why would I have ever bought this? 2) Why would I keep moving it with me over and over? I'm pretty sure my mom bought this shadow and gave it to me when she came to her senses, but should I be offended that my mom would think I would like and wear this? I can't explain why I've had it so long - something about wondering if it would ever come into style. It won't! Here's what else I found.That's like 150 thousand buttons - no idea what they each go to. Chances are I don't have most of the clothes that these buttons match back to. But all this junk is gone, and my bathrooms are cleaned out. Success. I'll start with the kitchen tomorrow, then the closets on Sunday. Who knows what else I'll find...

4 comments:

jaime said...

I freakin love how you keep every button ever!!!!! I never keep anything, maybe I should!

danna_jayne said...

1. At least the 'bad' eyeshadow was a decent brand. Looks like it was Prescriptives?!?!

2. I keep every damn button, as well!! I think I have buttons that moved from Dalhart to Lubbock to Dallas to different address in Dallas to Fort Worth and moved to the latest, newest house! WTF

Jennifer said...

Danna - these are exactly my points! Yes, the eye shadow was Perscriptives - so not only was it ugly, but also expensive. Nice waste of money. And yes, I'm pretty sure some of those buttons have toured the world with me... I don't get why we do these things.

Stefani said...

You seriously scare me...or actually validate me! I love it! Did the same scary under the bathroom sink clean out not long ago and I totally know what you were thinking with the eye shadow. Uh, hello! 80's night out or maybe a halloween outfit completion! And the buttons...I have them all b/c you just never know. Funny that I have never "used" one, but I continue to collect. You have inspired me to let go!