Friday, June 26, 2009

favorite food friday

Alright - this is a throwback edition, get excited.


Like most kids, when given freedom of my dietary selections, I selected items high in nutritional content - just not the nutritional content that is good for you... (details). What I am giving you today is my daily lunch menu while I was in the 5th grade. Let me also explain to you that I was 5'6" by this point already, so I'm sure the extra calories were equally distributed through my growing body.


Beverage of choice: Mountain Dew
This was a great option for a 10-year-old who had an afternoon class schedule of reading, history and spelling. Mountain Dew contains 55 grams of caffeine, the clear winner when compared to the weaker 34 gram Coca-Cola.



Main Course: Andy Capp's Hot Fries
Seriously, for as long as I can remember, I challenge my mouth to a heat-match - just to see how much I can handle. Just this week I ate a sandwich covered in jalapeno peppers while eating jalapeno flavored chips, it was terrific. But, I can still remember the building heat that would occur in my mouth as I ate the Hot Fries one-by-one until the bag was empty. Do they still sale those? I'm getting some.




And for Dessert: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pie
Not ever a fan of the TMNTs, but always a fan of a fried pie! The Ninja Turtle Pie was simply a fried pie filled with custard, but covered with the sugary frosting (and yes, it was green). I can still taste it, I'm pretty sure that was the best part of the day. Well, that and staring at all the dreamy 6th grade boys in the morning.


Happy Friday!

3 comments:

The Maese Family said...

Oh my gosh, I SO remember those Turtle Pies!!! Yep, we always had one of those, didn't we?

Memories... :)

jaime said...

I taught you sooooo well......

Mom said...

And all this time, I thought you were eating healthy.............