Monday, August 31, 2009

birthday blog: DAVID

I have been very behind on birthday blogs, so I thought I should at least get my husband's in today. I'm so lucky to be able to share my birthday with him, it really makes the day that much more special for the both of us. He is such a connoisseur of music, that I thought I would devote his birthday blog to some of his favorite bands. Enjoy!
Happy Birthday David, I love you!
D - THE DEAD
David has a deep love for the Grateful Dead. I'm pretty sure the first time I met him he was wearing a tie-dye tshirt. And, we have already found a onesie for the baby. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised David hasn't hooked up headphones to my belly just streaming The Dead non-stop...
A - THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND
David has a saying that goes "the three best things about the South are chicken fried steak, sweet tea and The Allman Brothers Band". This was the second concert we went to after we started dating. I remember telling my dad where we were going and his response was "You mean, the same Allman Brothers that I know?" Yup, the same ones! And, I must admit, I'm a huge fan now too.
V - VAN HALEN
I'm pretty sure if David could pick one rock-star to transform into for a day it would be Diamond David Lee Roth. Remember when I wrote this? Ya, David's been a fan for a long time...
I - I can't think of an "I", so I'm using this letter for WIDESPREAD PANIC
Seriously, if you can think of an "I", I'll change it.
One of the things I've grown to understand over the years is that David does not like to mix business with pleasure. And, as a matter of fact, I wasn't invited to a WSP concert for the first year or so of David and I dating. To him, Panic is business and serious business - and until we were serious he didn't want to mix the two. He has been to so many Panic concerts that I could not begin to comprehend, and I love the fact that he can still recall every show and every setlist.

D - DR. DRE
Ha ha, got you on that one! It's true, he loves Dr. Dre. Even though his hip-hop library was limited before he met me, he's always had love for the D-R-E.

No comments: